BLOG SEARCH

Sep 17, 2009

POINT TO PONDER

Appeal by Col SS Rajan, Bangalore, fwd by Col CV Soju, DOWA member



We in Bangalore have been organizing various Veterans activities & events,
since 27 April 2008. Since showcasing the strength of Ex-Servicemen is important during all our events & activities, I realized that we ought to reach out to retired JCOs, NCOs & OR and request their participation in large numbers. It is with this in mind, I invited eleven JCOs, NCOs & OR to join me for lunch at my residence, on 2 Oct 2008. On 2 Oct, on arrival at my residence, the JCOs, NCOs & OR said that they felt honoured at being invited for lunch by an Officer at his residence; and said that in all their years of service, and even after their retirement, no Officer had ever called them over for lunch; and that they were indeed touched by the kind gesture on my part. That really set me thinking; and on that day, I decided that as long as I live, on 2 Oct, year after year, retired JCOs, NCOs & OR shall be invited to have lunch with me, at my residence.

02 Oct 2009 is fast approaching, and this year I plan to invite 15 retired JCOs, NCOs & OR for lunch at my place.. It goes without saying that a small gesture, such as inviting retired JCOs, NCOs & OR for lunch on 2 Oct has a very positive & salutary effect on further strengthening the bonds of brotherhood & camaraderie between Officers and JCOs, NCOs & OR, even after retirement.

In the light of above, may I request you Sirs, to please ponder over the matter; and it will indeed be GREAT, if on 2 Oct, year after year, retired Officers of the Army, Navy & Air Force from Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Gujarat, Rajasthan & Punjab to Assam, Arunachal, Nagaland invite retired JCOs, NCOs & OR for lunch at their residence. Imagine the impact of this small gesture, once a year, on further strengthening the bonds of brotherhood & camaraderie between Officers and JCOs, NCOs & OR, all over the Country.

Regards,

Col Shaitan Singh Rajan
A Bombay Sapper
Bangalore, 9448024377

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive